2019 Chapters (Layout Features)
Suggestions for teacher educators from a gentle iconoclast and a fellow explorer
In September 2018, Steve Walsh, Professor of Applied Linguistics in the School of Education at Newcastle University and Steve Mann, Associate professor at the Center for Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick, both in the UK, invited 58 people to write 39 chapters for a book they wanted to produce on English Language Teacher Education that Routledge had agreed to publish. The discrepancy between the number of people who wrote chapters and the number of chapters is due to the fact that 19 chapters are co-authored which fits in with the themes of many chapters about the value of collaboration in teacher education.
The 39 chapters were organized in six parts:
1. Second language teacher education: an overview.
2. Core contexts
3. Language perspectives
4. The pedagogic knowledge of second language teacher education
5. The processes of L2 teacher education
6. Teacher perspectives
The Routledge Handbook of English Language Teacher Education was published in 2019.
My chapter is in Part 1 Second language teacher: an overview. As you can see the chapter is one of the 19 that were co-authored.
- The Routledge Handbook of English Language Teacher Education.pdf application/pdf 436 KB Download File
Also Published In
- The Routledge Handbook of English Language Teacher Education
More About This Work
- Academic Units
- Applied Linguistics and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Published Here
- May 15, 2020