COVID-19 and Land-based Investment: Changing Landscapes
Building on earlier work by IIED and CCSI, this report reflects on select COVID-related developments that may result in longer-term shifts relevant to land-based investments in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia. Our objectives are two-fold. In the short term, monitoring developments can support more effective interventions that anticipate and respond to impacts on the governance of land-based investments. In the medium to longer term, analyzing developments can inform efforts to support inclusive post-COVID-19 economic recovery strategies in low- and middle-income countries.
The report draws on our efforts to monitor developments that affect the governance of land-based investments in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Building on a conceptual framework, we tracked developments at three broad levels:
• changes in the overall political economy context,
• changes in governance systems and regulatory frameworks related to land-based investments, and
• developments related to specific land-based investments.
- Covid-19 and Land-based Investment - Changing Landscapes - FINAL.pdf application/pdf 1.84 MB Download File
More About This Work
- Academic Units
- Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Published Here
- August 11, 2021