Cianne Fragione: Catalog of Works and Images
- Cianne Fragione: Catalog of Works and Images
- Fragione, Cianne
- Data (information)
- Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Persistent URL:
- Art Cart Collection
- The file associated with this record contains compressed images of artwork and a .csv file describing those images.
For more information about the Art Cart project, please visit their website: http://artsandcultureresearch.org/artcart.
For more information about and images by the artist, please visit her personal site:
- Fragione has lived and worked in the Washington, DC area since 2001, her studio is at 52 O Street NW, DC. In the last thirty-five years, her art has appeared in numerous solo and group exhibitions (California; New York; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Baltimore, MD; Washington DC; Boston; Louisville, KY; and Virginia, among others. Internationally, galleries and museum in Italy, and in the American embassies in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Vilnius, Lithuania, State Department’s Art in Embassies program. She was nominated for the 2016 Anonymous Was a Women Award, which in of itself is an artistic achievement. Also, she was awarded The Legacy Project (Art Cart: Saving the Legacy for 2015-16, based at the Research Center for Arts & Culture, NYC, and sponsored by Joan Mitchell Foundation, NYC; documentation of life’s work available for research at Columbia University NY); recent and upcoming solos: Pocket Full of Promises, Anne Wright Wilson Gallery, Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY (2015), traveling to Cecelia Coker Bell Gallery, Coker College, Hartsville, SC (2017), and Five Points Gallery, Torrington CT( 2017-18); Circle of Friends, in conjunction with Renee Stout: Tales of the Conjure Women, and Art Cart: Honoring the Legacy, both at American University Museums at the Katzen Art Center, Washington, DC Gallery Neptune and Brown, Ladies First, Washington, DC (2016) and the University of Mary Washington Galleries, Fredericksburg, VA, Mid-Atlantic New Painting all in 2016 and Green: The Color & the Cause at the Textile Museum in Washington DC. Her works has been acquired by the, D.C. Commissions Art Bank, Department of Special Collections, Cecil H. Green Library, Stanford University, Stanford, CA; Comune di Monasterace, Calabria, IT among others. In 2012, a two-month artist residency at Lo Studio dei Nipoti in Monasterace, Italy, an Artist-in-Residence in Soaring Gardens, Laceyville, PA, a project of the Ora Lerman Trust, New York, NY, in 2010 was a fellow thru Spoleto Study Aboard in Spoleto, Italy, and among several Artist-in Institution grants at DVI State Prison in Tracy, CA from 1980-1983 a project by the California Arts Council, Sacramento. She studied art in San Francisco, where she had work with a number of artists prominently associated with the beat and funk movements there, including Jay DeFeo and Manuel Neri; in 1987, she received an MFA in Painting/Mixed Media at Fiberworks Center of the Arts, John F. Kennedy University, in Berkeley, which included a fellowship that enabled her to study as a guest at University of California, Berkeley.
Mixed media painting
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Cianne Fragione, 2017, Cianne Fragione: Catalog of Works and Images, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8WQ0BJN.