Guide to Audience Revenue and Engagement
- Guide to Audience Revenue and Engagement
- Hansen, Elizabeth
Tow Center for Digital Journalism
- Persistent URL:
- Tow Center for Digital Journalism White Papers
- Tow Center for Digital Journalism, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This report is intended to aid staff from news organizations and media entrepreneurs who wish to grow their revenue by deepening interactions with their audiences. It’s based on hundreds of conversations and interviews with journalists, managers, and members themselves, including newsroom fieldwork and observation, as well as focus groups with supporters of news sites. We use these findings to share strategic and tactical considerations for building audience revenue programs. We also share detailed examples of ways that news organizations around the world are experimenting with new approaches to raising funds and supporting myriad forms of audience participation.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Elizabeth Hansen, Emily Goligoski, 2018, Guide to Audience Revenue and Engagement, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8BG410W.