The Digital Centers at Columbia University: Strategizing Across Multiple Centers for Diverse Disciplines
- The Digital Centers at Columbia University: Strategizing Across Multiple Centers for Diverse Disciplines
- Winland, Jane E.
Jester, Ashley R.
Lancaster, Jeffrey R.
- Presentations (Communicative Events)
- Libraries and Information Services
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Libraries/Information Services has developed a unique approach to providing digital scholarship services by creating Digital Centers that support the major disciplines: humanities, sciences, social sciences. This panel will discuss digital scholarship at Columbia through several lenses: space, services, and programs. New spaces enable the creation and support of digital scholarship communities; programs such as internships, professional development, and research lifecycle consultation exist alongside traditional outreach; and initiatives like research data support, 3D printing, and new instructional paradigms influence how the Centers operate within the University community. The Centers are free to experiment and iterate as academic programs evolve.
- Library science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Jane E. Winland, Ashley R. Jester, Jeffrey R. Lancaster, 2014, The Digital Centers at Columbia University: Strategizing Across Multiple Centers for Diverse Disciplines, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8Z89B3C.