Automatic 4-D Registration in Dynamic MR Renography
- Automatic 4-D Registration in Dynamic MR Renography
- Song, Ting
Lee, Vivian S.
Laine, Andrew F.
- Presentations (Communicative Events)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Persistent URL:
- 2005 27th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society : Shanghai, China, 31 August-03 September 2005 (Piscataway, N.J. : IEEE, 2005), pp. 3067-3070.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced 4-D MR renography has the potential for broad clinical applications, but suffers from respiratory motion that limits analysis and interpretation. Since each examination yields at least over 10 20 serial 3-D images of the abdomen, manual registration is prohibitively labor-intensive. Besides in-plane motion and translation, out-of-plane motion and rotation are observed in the image series. In this paper, a novel robust and automated technique for removing out-of-plane translation and rotation with sub-voxel accuracy in 4-D dynamic MR images is presented. The method was evaluated on simulated motion data derived directly from a clinical patient's data. The method was also tested on 24 clinical patient kidney data sets. Registration results were compared with a mutual information method, in which differences between manually co-registered time-intensity curves and tested time-intensity curves were compared. Evaluation results showed that our method agreed well with these ground truth data.
- Biomedical engineering
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Ting Song, Vivian S. Lee, Henry Rusinek, Manmeen Kaur, Andrew F. Laine, 2005, Automatic 4-D Registration in Dynamic MR Renography, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D82Z1C8T.