On the Undisturbed Functioning of Memory
- On the Undisturbed Functioning of Memory
- Brown, Robin S.
- Counseling and Clinical Psychology
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Quadrant: The Journal of the C.G. Jung Foundation
- Taking a short quotation from Jung as its cue, this paper is constituted as a series of reflections on the theme of memory. Exploring how the pursuit of facts might result in the sense of an imaginative decline, the author draws upon the thought of Rene Guenon, James Hillman, Michel Foucault, Daniel Stern, Martin Buber, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, and Frances Yates. It is argued that the role played by the internet in shaping the nature of self-representation might be considered diametrically opposed to psychotherapeutic process.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Robin S. Brown, 2015, On the Undisturbed Functioning of Memory, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8WH2PQQ.