Pointer Analysis for C Programs Through AST Traversal
- Pointer Analysis for C Programs Through AST Traversal
- Buss, Marcio
Edwards, Stephen A.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We present a pointer analysis algorithm designed for source-to-source transformations. Existing techniques for pointer analysis apply a collection of inference rules to a dismantled intermediate form of the source program, making them difficult to apply to source-to-source tools that generally work on abstract syntax trees to preserve details of the source program. Our pointer analysis algorithm operates directly on the abstract syntax tree of a C program and uses a form of standard dataflow analysis to compute the desired points-to information. We have implemented our algorithm in a source-to-source translation framework and experimental results show that it is practical on real-world examples.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Marcio Buss, Stephen A. Edwards, Bin Yao, Daniel Waddington, 2005, Pointer Analysis for C Programs Through AST Traversal, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8N30842.