- Outside Forces: "Autumn Leaves" in the 1960s
- Latin Jazz: The Other Jazz
- Porgy and Miles
- Review of Alyn Shipton. A New History of Jazz. London and New York: Continuum, 2001. x, 965 pp.
- Review of Rob van der Bliek, ed. The Thelonious Monk Reader. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001. xvii, 286 pp.
- "King Porter Stomp" and the Jazz Tradition
- Experimental Music in Black and White: The AACM in New York, 1970-1985
- Review of Uta G. Poiger.Jazz, Rock, and Rebels: Cold War Politics and American Culture in a Divided Germany. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2000. xiii, 333 pp.
- Mark Tucker (1954-2000)
- Being Home: Jazz Authority and the Politics of Place
Academic Commons is Columbia University's digital repository where faculty, students, and staff of Columbia and its affiliate institutions can deposit the results of their scholarly work and research. Content in Academic Commons is freely available to the public.
New in Academic Commons: