Some Thoughts on Japan's Financial Mess
Hugh T. Patrick
- Some Thoughts on Japan's Financial Mess
- Patrick, Hugh T.
- Working papers
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Permanent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Occasional Papers
- Part Number:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Today I want to discuss several related topics dealing with the Japanese economy and financial system. First, as a prologue I consider the growth prospects of the Japanese economy during the next 4 - 5 years. Second, a related issue which will be the main focus of my speech, one of the serious problems that the Japanese economy faces and will continue to face in the next few years is that of non-performing loans of the banking system. Their current "financial mess" will be the main theme of my talk today.
- Item views: