Learning Through Digital Media: Experiments in Technology and Pedagogy
Jonah S. Bossewitch; Michael D. Preston
- Learning Through Digital Media: Experiments in Technology and Pedagogy
Bossewitch, Jonah S.
Preston, Michael D.
- Book chapters
- Libraries and Information Services
- Permanent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Teaching and Learning with Video Annotations
- Book Author:
- Scholz, R. Trebor
- Institute for Distributed Creativity
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This chapter is concerned with the development of tools and activities to help students attend to video-based materials with increased focus and heightened awareness of their own intellectual project. Specifically, we are interested in facilitating deeper and more critical explorations of video and encouraging students to marshal video-based primary sources as evidence to support their thinking. We hope to demonstrate that when video is introduced into a curriculum, these activities produce a deeper level of engagement, better understanding of the content, or even an improvement in students' cognitive capacities for learning from video.
- Educational technology
- Item views: