Cenozoic Era: Geomagnetic polarity time-scale
Dennis V. Kent
- Cenozoic Era: Geomagnetic polarity time-scale
- Kent, Dennis V.
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Permanent URL:
- Part Number:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Mesozoic and Cenozoic Sequence Stratigraphy of European Basins
- Book Author:
- Graciansky, Pierre-Charles de
- Appendix to J. Hardenbol et al., "Mesozoic and Cenozoic Sequence Chronostratigraphic Framework of European Basins."
- Society for Sedimentary Geology
- Publisher Location:
- Tulsa, Okla.
- A new geomagnetic polarity time-scale for the late Cretaceous and Cenozoic (Cande and Kent, 1992: CK92) was based on an analysis of magnetic anomaly profiles from the world's ocean basins. It is the first time since Heirtzler et al. (1968) published their time-scale that the relative widths of the magnetic polarity intervals for this entire interval have been systematically determined from magnetic profiles.
- Item views: