Manifestations, Multiple Versions, and Showstoppers: Collecting the Various Guises of "Naked Lunch": A Bio-Bibliographic Narrative
Brian E. C. Schottlaender
- Manifestations, Multiple Versions, and Showstoppers: Collecting the Various Guises of "Naked Lunch": A Bio-Bibliographic Narrative
- Schottlaender, Brian E. C.
- Libraries and Information Services
- Permanent URL:
- Presented at the Columbia University Rare Book & Manuscript Library conference, "Fifty Years of Naked Lunch: From the Interzone to the Archive . . . and Back," New York, N.Y., October 9, 2009.
- The bibliography of William S. Burroughs is as challenging as the man was himself. He wrote voluminously and kaleidoscopically. He rearranged, recycled, and reiterated obsessively. He produced across five decades and four continents. He was a novelist, a poet, an essayist, and a correspondent at home in all media. He never met a "little magazine" or an interviewer he wouldn’t share with.
- American literature
- Item views: