Principles and Conceptions of the Comunidade Solidária (Solidarity Community) Program
Simone de Castro Tavares Coelho
- Principles and Conceptions of the Comunidade Solidária (Solidarity Community) Program
- Coelho, Simone de Castro Tavares
- Institute of Latin American Studies
- Permanent URL:
- Presented at the New York City Consortium for Latin American Studies conference, "Ruth Cardoso: A Tribute," Columbia University, April 9-10, 2009.
- During the eighties, Ruth promoted discussions with her group of supervised students, that focused. on investigating the grass-roots organizations of the Brazilian society. By then, we had already understood - differently from most analysts - that the social change would not occur based exclusively on a partylike action, but it should also require the efforts of the organized society. As a matter of fact, many of the social movements of this time went through a process of institutionalization, becoming legal organizations, and allowing the formalization of partnerships with governmental agencies easier and feasible.
- Latin American studies
- Item views: