Managing Qualtrics Survey Distributions and Response Data with SAS®
- Managing Qualtrics Survey Distributions and Response Data with SAS®
- Parsons, Faith E.
Mota, Sean J.
- Center for Behavioral Cardiovascular Health
- Persistent URL:
- SAS Global Forum Proceedings 2015
- Part Number:
- Managing multiple surveys and distributing them to several research participants at multiple time intervals can be tedious and time consuming. Qualtrics is an online survey tool that offers a variety of features that could be useful for researchers. By using SAS to interface with the Qualtrics REST API, and SAS XML Mapper to generate the XML maps from the XML responses, we were able to implement an effective system that enabled survey data to be accessed regularly, accurately scheduled the distribution of surveys to research participants, and prevented withdrawn participants from receiving scheduled emails.
In this paper, we demonstrate how to implement the submit API requests with the FILENAME statement (URL access method) and process API responses with SAS® XML Mapper. Additionally we describe an approach for tracking active and inactive respondents.
- Social surveys
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Faith E. Parsons, Sean J. Mota, Yan Quan, 2015, Managing Qualtrics Survey Distributions and Response Data with SAS®, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8PC4JGF.