The Political Economy of Growth: A Critical Survey of the Recent Literature and Some New Results
- The Political Economy of Growth: A Critical Survey of the Recent Literature and Some New Results
- Perotti, Roberto
- Persistent URL:
- Department of Economics Discussion Papers
- Part Number:
- September 1992.
- Department of Economics, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- "Two of the most active fields in economics in the last few years have been growth theory
and macro-political economy. The first one was inspired by new "endogenous growth
theories" to reconsider which economic factors influence economic development. Recent
research in "macro political economy" has explored the connections between politics,
institutions and macroeconomic policies and outcomes."
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Roberto Perotti, Alberto Alesina, 1992, The Political Economy of Growth: A Critical Survey of the Recent Literature and Some New Results, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8765NV7.