Japan’s Economy: Moving Along its Modest Sustainable Growth Path
- Japan’s Economy: Moving Along its Modest Sustainable Growth Path
- Patrick, Hugh T.
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Persistent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Occasional Papers
- Part Number:
- Geographic Area:
- Japan’s economy continues to chug along well, with above-potential GDP growth in 2017 that will continue for the coming year or two. In longer-term perspective, the economy is maintaining patterns established several years ago. This is not surprising. Above all, Japan’s economic success is founded on its well-educated, industrious labor force, high savings and investment rates, and good economic institutions. Its only significant natural resources are land and a four-season climate.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Hugh T. Patrick, 2018, Japan’s Economy: Moving Along its Modest Sustainable Growth Path, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8989Q88.