Asian Americans, European White Americans, and the College Admissions Game Issue Brief
- Asian Americans, European White Americans, and the College Admissions Game Issue Brief
- Zovickian, Haley Lucille
Smith, Raymond Arthur
- Political Science
- Persistent URL:
- Majority Rule and Minority Rights Issue Briefs
- My issue brief investigates publically denied but clearly implicit racial quotas that Asian Americans are subject to in elite private university admissions, particularly in Ivy League schools. Such discrimination not only favors the admission of white applicants, particularly children of alumni, but also is misrepresentative of Asian academic achievement and the cultural and historical heterogeneity of individual Asian ethnic groups.
- Model minority stereotype
Affirmative action programs in education
Discrimination in education
Universities and colleges--Admission
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Haley Lucille Zovickian, Raymond Arthur Smith, 2016, Asian Americans, European White Americans, and the College Admissions Game Issue Brief, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8KD1ZDS.