Adele Shtern- ART CART Oral Histories
- Adele Shtern- ART CART Oral Histories
- Shtern, Adele
Westover, Lee Ann
Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Persistent URL:
- Art Cart Collection
- For more information about the ART CART project, please visit their website: http://artsandcultureresearch.org/artcart.
- Adele Shtern's career as an artist spans her entire adult life and her journey from Montréal to Yale to New York City. Throughout that life she has learned to follow her own unique line. Shtern purposefully pushes up against the boundaries of what it means to be a woman, a spiritual being, and an artist in the modern world with wit and aplomb. Traumatic events in her history led to profound healing, as much as freeing herself from convention led directly to her eclectic body of work with a singular message.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Adele Shtern, Lee Ann Westover, Research Center for Arts and Culture, 2016, Adele Shtern- ART CART Oral Histories, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8ZW1MB0.