Barbara Hammer- ART CART Oral Histories
- Barbara Hammer- ART CART Oral Histories
- Hammer, Barbara
Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Persistent URL:
- Art Cart Collection
- For more information about the ART CART project, please visit their website: http://artsandcultureresearch.org/artcart.
- The theme of the oral history is “Challenges: Youth and Age.”
We focused on exploring the evolution of Barbara Hammer as she experiences life and new challenges. In her youth Barbara reflects on her upbringing and memories with her grandma. In her age, Barbara discusses her battle with ovarian cancer. She makes connections between her health condition and her art, and how the cancer has impacted her both as an individual and an artist. Hammer also discusses plans for the future and in terms of her career, personal life, and tackling new challenges. The oral history exemplifies Barbara Hammer’s positive attitude, courage, and resilience.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Barbara Hammer, Victoria Babikian, Yangyang Mao, Research Center for Arts and Culture, Barbara Hammer- ART CART Oral Histories, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D88C9WQW.