Mary Miss- ART CART Oral Histories
- Mary Miss- ART CART Oral Histories
- Miss, Mary
Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Persistent URL:
- Art Cart Collection
- For more information about the ART CART project, please visit their website: http://artsandcultureresearch.org/artcart.
- In this oral history, Mary Miss recounts her early influences and formative creative experiences, such as viewing much of the American southwest from the backseat of a moving Chevy. She details how the environment and the viewer's physical, mental, and social engagement have been primary elements of her work. Mary also talks about what it was like to be an artist during the 1960s and 1970s in New York City. She reflects on some of her unrealized project proposals, and provides advice for artists both young and old.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Mary Miss, Simone Baechle, Research Center for Arts and Culture, 2016, Mary Miss- ART CART Oral Histories, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8GX4C16.