Climate Predictability Tool version 15.4.1
- Climate Predictability Tool version 15.4.1
- Mason, Simon J.
Tippett, Michael K.
- International Research Institute for Climate and Society
- Persistent URL:
- Subsequent version of the CPT: http://dx.doi.org/10.7916/D8XW4K38. Previous version of the CPT: http://dx.doi.org/10.7916/D8NS0TQ6. Information about the CPT: http://iri.columbia.edu/our-expertise/climate/tools/cpt/.
- The Climate Predictability Tool (CPT) is a software package for constructing a seasonal climate forecast model, performing model validation, and producing forecasts given updated data. Its design has been tailored for producing seasonal climate forecasts using model output statistic (MOS) corrections to climate predictions from general circulation model (GCM), or for producing forecasts using fields of sea-surface temperatures or similar predictors. Although the software is specifically tailored for these applications, it can be used in more general settings to perform canonical correlation analysis (CCA), principal components regression (PCR), or multiple linear regression (MLR) on any data, and for any application.
- International Research Institute for Climate Prediction
Long-range weather forecasting
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Simon J. Mason, Michael K. Tippett, 2016, Climate Predictability Tool version 15.4.1, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D86D5T9W.