Language in Jewish Society: Towards a New Understanding
- Language in Jewish Society: Towards a New Understanding
- Krohn, Nitza
- Applied Linguistics and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Working Papers in TESOL & Applied Linguistics
- In his book, Language in Jewish Society: Towards a New Understanding Myhill ambitiously analyzes the relationship between language, identity, and society over a period of 3,000 years of Jewish history. Addressing a general readership, Myhill rejects an insider’s ideological approach, which focuses on the uniqueness of Jewish attitudes to language, in favor of a typological perspective, which explores the commonalities and differences between Jewish and non-Jewish sociolinguistic attitudes.
- Hebrew language
Language and culture
Jews--Social life and customs
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Nitza Krohn, 2006, Language in Jewish Society: Towards a New Understanding, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8HQ3ZD1.