Disaster Prepared: How Federal Funding in the United States Supports Health System and Public Health Readiness
- Disaster Prepared: How Federal Funding in the United States Supports Health System and Public Health Readiness
- Schlegelmilch, Jeffrey
Petkova, Elisaveta P.
Redlener, Irwin E.
- National Center for Disaster Preparedness
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning
- Geographic Area:
- United States
- Federal funding for health and medical preparedness in the United States has created an important foundation for preparing the health and medical systems to respond to a wide range of hazards. A declining trend in funding for these preparedness activities threatens to undo the progress that has been made over the last decade, and reduce the state of readiness to respond to the health and medical impacts of disasters.
- Emergency management
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Jeffrey Schlegelmilch, Elisaveta P. Petkova, Irwin E. Redlener, 2015, Disaster Prepared: How Federal Funding in the United States Supports Health System and Public Health Readiness, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D84Q7TRZ.