AIDS in America — Forgotten but Not Gone
- AIDS in America — Forgotten but Not Gone
- El-Sadr, Wafaa Mahmoud
Mayer, Kenneth H.
Hodder, Sally L.
- International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Over the past decade, limited attention has been paid to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) epidemic in the United States. The global epidemic — particularly the epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa, where approximately two thirds of the world's population living with AIDS resides — has rightfully received most of the focus. Meanwhile, however, the prevalence of HIV infection within some U.S. populations now rivals that in some sub-Saharan African countries.
- Public health
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Wafaa Mahmoud El-Sadr, Kenneth H. Mayer, Sally L. Hodder, 2010, AIDS in America — Forgotten but Not Gone, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8K073R2.