Unanticipated opportunities from closed libraries: pivoting for the future
- Unanticipated opportunities from closed libraries: pivoting for the future
- Crocamo, James T.
Lancaster, Jeffrey R.
Ransom, Ellie H.
- Chapters (layout features)
- Libraries and Information Services
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Difficult decisions: closing and merging academic libraries
- Book Author:
- Holder, Sara
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Publisher Location:
- This chapter describes the many changes which took place in Columbia University Libraries' Science & Engineering Division beginning with the close of four departmental libraries in 2009, the opening of the Science & Engineering Library and Digital Science Center in 2011, and the closure of 2 more departmental libraries in 2014 and 2015. The focus is on the opportunities that arose from these closures and the changes in the division’s staffing configuration that have enabled the division to devise a functional approach to services layered atop the subject expertise already present in staff.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- James T. Crocamo, Jeffrey R. Lancaster, Ellie H. Ransom, 2015, Unanticipated opportunities from closed libraries: pivoting for the future, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8R49Q5K.