ICSID, public opinion and the effect of (hypothetical) elite messaging
- ICSID, public opinion and the effect of (hypothetical) elite messaging
- Guisinger, Alexandra
- Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia FDI Perspectives
- Part Number:
- Columbia University. Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- This Perspective presents a unique survey of American public opinion on ICSID, and via a survey experiment demonstrates that attempts to increase public support by Republicans or Democrats would likely backfire. Only bi-partisan framing of ICSID can positively move public opinion.
- International relations
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Alexandra Guisinger, Alisha Anderson, 2014, ICSID, public opinion and the effect of (hypothetical) elite messaging, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8H41QBM.