Children as Potential Targets of Terrorism: Conference Report
- Children as Potential Targets of Terrorism: Conference Report
- Redlener, Irwin E.
- National Center for Disaster Preparedness
- Persistent URL:
- The working group was an assembly of top thinkers who through their professional and personal endeavours stand poised to consider the implications of children as explicit targets of terrorism and provide directions for research and policy. The group was structured to be a small, select convergence of high-level persons situated in a forum of free discussion. An underlying objective of the group is for participants to be a resource for each other as well as select communities including policy makers and media. The group will convene periodically as issues emerge and research directions develop. The meeting was structured around four conversations: Veracity of the threat; Prevention and Preparedness; Health System Response; and Psychological Consequences. This meeting report will follow the order of the speakers.
- Emergency management--Research
Child disaster victims
Children and terrorism
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Irwin E. Redlener, 2005, Children as Potential Targets of Terrorism: Conference Report, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8ZC81PX.