A framework to approach shared use of mining-related infrastructure
- A framework to approach shared use of mining-related infrastructure
- Toledano, Perrine
Thomashausen Walmsley, Sophie Maria
Maennling, Nicolas Wolfram
- Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment
- Persistent URL:
- The framework aims at providing guidance to policy makers on how to approach the question of shared use, highlighting the operational models that are necessary for implementation, the key-success factors, the enabling conditions and how to ultimately better coordinate major investments in physical infrastructure by privately-owned natural resource concessionaires with national infrastructure development plans. The framework also equips policy makers with a set of questions that should help conduct the negotiations on shared use with companies. The ultimate goal of the framework is to include shared infrastructure use as part of the planning and negotiation stages of extractive industry investments.
- Natural resources—Management
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Perrine Toledano, Sophie Maria Thomashausen Walmsley, Nicolas Wolfram Maennling, Alpa Shah, 2014, A framework to approach shared use of mining-related infrastructure, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8K35RP9.