Carmen Torruella-Quander - ART CART Oral History
- Carmen Torruella-Quander - ART CART Oral History
- Torruella-Quander, Carmen
Teachers College. Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Research Center for Arts and Culture
- Persistent URL:
- This zip archive contains audio files of an oral history interview and a text file describing themes addressed in the interview. For more information about the ART CART project, please visit their website: http://artsandcultureresearch.org/artcart.
- This oral history focuses on Carmen Torruella-Quander’s career as a representational artist. It looks at her process for selecting subjects to paint. Torruella-Quander describes how ongoing investigations of identity have formed her illustrious career as a painter, educator, and curator. Growing up in Washington, DC, surrounded by museums played a large part in shaping her work. She finds inspiration in artistic expression from all around the world and her travels to different countries.
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Carmen Torruella-Quander, Lauren Cotton, Sarah Durkee, Teachers College. Research Center for Arts and Culture, 2013, Carmen Torruella-Quander - ART CART Oral History, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8833Q0C.