Children in a Post-9/11 World
- Children in a Post-9/11 World
- Redlener, Irwin E.
- Book chapters
- Population and Family Health
National Center for Disaster Preparedness
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- About children : An Authoritative Resource on the State of Childhood Today
- Book Author:
- Cosby, Arthur G.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Publisher Location:
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- There is a special set of concerns with respect to children in a post·9/ll world. With the enormous national effort being made to prevent terrorism and particularly to enhance response capacity to unconventional weapons of terror, the special needs of children must be accounted for in preparedness planning at all levels. The important principle is that children are not "little
adults" in terms of how they might respond to many potential chemical or biological weapons.
- Public health
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Irwin E. Redlener, 2005, Children in a Post-9/11 World, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:18779.