The Effect of Job Training Programs at a Juvenile Correctional Facility in Japan
- The Effect of Job Training Programs at a Juvenile Correctional Facility in Japan
- Wada, Kenji
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Persistent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Working Papers
- Part Number:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We consider the effect of characteristics of prison inmates in general and the job training program participation in particular on the recidivism in Japan. By employing individual level dataset from a Kawagoe Juvenile Correctional Facility, we find that some of the inmates characterstics will lower recidivism and the participation in job training is effective in lowering the probability of re-entry into prison.
- Labor economics
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Kenji Wada, Akihito Toda, Tomura Kazuki, 2012, The Effect of Job Training Programs at a Juvenile Correctional Facility in Japan, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8PK0QD5.