An Object-Based Approach to Implementing Distributed Concurrency Control
- An Object-Based Approach to Implementing Distributed Concurrency Control
- Popovich, Steven S.
Kaiser, Gail E.
Wu, Shyhtsun Felix
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We have added distributed concurrency control to the MELD object system by representing in progress transactions as simulated objects. Transaction objects exploit MELD‘s normal message passing facilities to support the concurrency control mechanism. We have completed the implementation of an optimistic mechanism using transaction objects and have designed a two phase locking mechanism based on the same paradigm. We discuss the tradeoffs made and lessons learned, dealing both with transactions on objects and with transactions as objects.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Steven S. Popovich, Gail E. Kaiser, Shyhtsun Felix Wu, 1990, An Object-Based Approach to Implementing Distributed Concurrency Control, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8N3052X.