A Retrospective on DOSE: An Interpretive Approach to Structure Editor Generation
- A Retrospective on DOSE: An Interpretive Approach to Structure Editor Generation
- Kaiser, Gail E.
Feiler, Peter H.
Schlichter, Johann H.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- DOSE is unique among structu.re editor generators in its interpretive approach. This approach leads to very fast turn-around time for changes and provides multi-language facilities for no additional effort or cost. This article compares the interpretive approach to the compilation approach of other structu.re editor generators. It describes some of the design and implementation decisions made and remade during this project and the lessons learned. It emphasizes the advantages and disadvantages of DOSE with respect to other structure editing systems.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Gail E. Kaiser, Peter H. Feiler, Fahimeh Jalili, Johann H. Schlichter, 1988, A Retrospective on DOSE: An Interpretive Approach to Structure Editor Generation, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8SN0J1S.