Panel II: External Competition and Context
- Panel II: External Competition and Context
- Cornell, Svante
Mitchell, Lincoln A.
- Interviews and roundtables
- Harriman Institute
International and Public Affairs
Political Science (Barnard College)
- Persistent URL:
- "Frozen Conflicts: Twenty Years after the Fall of the Soviet Union," New York, December 2, 2011.
- Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Two decades after the collapse of the Soviet Union the conflicts in Abkhazia, Nagorno Karabakh, South Ossetia and Transnistria remain unresolved and their dynamics continue to impact political stability, state-building and great power competition in the former Soviet Union. Over the last years, the international community’s strategy for addressing them has varied significantly. By bringing together leading scholars, policy analysts, and NGO representatives from Europe, the United States and Eurasia to discuss these issues we hope to provide an opportunity to reflect on the last twenty years and to think about possible steps forward.
- East European studies
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Svante Cornell, Christopher Borgen, Cory Welt, Lincoln A. Mitchell, Elise Giuliano, 2011, Panel II: External Competition and Context, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:11994.