Stephen J. Connor; Judith A. Omumbo; Cathy Vaughan Green; J. DaSilva; Gilma Constanza Mantilla Caicedo; C. Delacollette; S. Hales; D. Rogers; Madeleine C. Thomson
- Health and Climate–Needs
- Connor, Stephen J.
Omumbo, Judith A.
Green, Cathy Vaughan
Mantilla Caicedo, Gilma Constanza
Thomson, Madeleine C.
- International Research Institute for Climate and Society
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Procedia Environmental Sciences
- This paper describes the needs for climate risk management and information services for the health sector to serve research, educational and operational needs of ministries of health and their partners, those agencies that support broader public health service provision as well as respond to epidemics and emergencies. While climate information is considered highly relevant to helping guide improvements in public health provision, to date this information is largely underutilized. We explore some of the gaps in satisfying these needs, and we make recommendations to help fill the identified gaps.
- Public health--Information services
Human beings--Effect of climate on
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
- text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Stephen J. Connor, Judith A. Omumbo, Cathy Vaughan Green, J. DaSilva, Gilma Constanza Mantilla Caicedo, C. Delacollette, S. Hales, D. Rogers, Madeleine C. Thomson, 2010, Health and Climate–Needs, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D80Z7CTN.