A Uniform Programming Abstraction for Effecting Autonomic Adaptations onto Software Systems
- A Uniform Programming Abstraction for Effecting Autonomic Adaptations onto Software Systems
- Valetto, Giuseppe
Kaiser, Gail E.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Most general-purpose work towards autonomic or self-managing systems has emphasized the front end of the feedback control loop, with some also concerned with controlling the back end enactment of runtime adaptations -- but usually employing an effector technology peculiar to one type of target system. While completely generic "one size fits all" effector technologies seem implausible, we propose a general purpose programming model and interaction layer that abstracts away from the peculiarities of target specific effectors,enabling a uniform approach to controlling and coordinating the low-level execution of reconfigurations, repairs,micro-reboots, etc.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Giuseppe Valetto, Gail E. Kaiser, Dan Phung, 2005, A Uniform Programming Abstraction for Effecting Autonomic Adaptations onto Software Systems, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8CC17JP.