Interworking Between SIP/SDP and H.323
- Interworking Between SIP/SDP and H.323
- Singh, Kundan
Schulzrinne, Henning G.
- Technical reports
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- There are currently two standards for signaling and control of Internet telephone calls, namely ITU-T Recommendation H.323 and the IETF Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). We describe how an interworking function (IWF) can allow SIP user agents to call H.323 terminals and vice versa. Our solution addresses user registration, call sequence mapping and session description. We also describe and compare various approaches for multi-party conferencing and call tranfer.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Kundan Singh, Henning G. Schulzrinne, 2000, Interworking Between SIP/SDP and H.323, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:29401.