CINEMA: Columbia InterNet Extensible Multimedia Architecture
- CINEMA: Columbia InterNet Extensible Multimedia Architecture
- Singh, Kundan
Schulzrinne, Henning G.
- Technical reports
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We describe the architecture and implementation of our Internet telephony system (CINEMA: Columbia InterNet Extensible Multimedia Architecture) intended to replace the departmental PBX (telephone switch). It interworks with the traditional telephone networks via a PSTN/IP gateway. It also serves as a corporate or campus infrastructure for existing and future services like web, email, video and streaming media. Initially intended for a few users, it will eventually replace the plain old telephones from our offices, due to the cost benefit and new services it offers. We also discuss common inter-operability problems between the PBX and the gateway. This paper is intended as a design document of the overall system.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Kundan Singh, Wenyu Jiang, Sankaran Narayanan, Henning G. Schulzrinne, Jonathan Lennox, 2002, CINEMA: Columbia InterNet Extensible Multimedia Architecture, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:29283.