Comprehensive Multi-platform Collaboration
- Comprehensive Multi-platform Collaboration
- Singh, Kundan
Schulzrinne, Henning G.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We describe the architecture and implementation of our comprehensive multi-platform collaboration framework known as Columbia InterNet Extensible Multimedia Architecture (CINEMA). It provides a distributed architecture for collaboration using synchronous communications like multimedia conferencing, instant messaging, shared web-browsing, and asynchronous communications like discussion forums, shared files, voice and video mails. It allows seamless integration with various communication means like telephones, IP phones, web and electronic mail. In addition, it provides value-added services such as call handling based on location information and presence status. The paper discusses the media services needed for collaborative environment, the components provided by CINEMA and the interaction among those components.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Kundan Singh, Xiaotao Wu, Jonathan Lennox, Henning G. Schulzrinne, 2003, Comprehensive Multi-platform Collaboration, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8542WDV.