The prospects for industrial cooperation between the United States and Japan
- The prospects for industrial cooperation between the United States and Japan
- Beechler, Schon
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business
- Persistent URL:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business Working Papers
- Part Number:
- Geographic Area:
- Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- As part of an extensive research project on the competitiveness of US and Japanese firms in three key industries (automobiles, semiconductors and pharmaceuticals) the research team undertook an examination of what some consider to be the inverse of competition, the possibilities for cooperation between the US and Japanese industries and firms. The series of questions that we asked was as follows: is there room for cooperation between US and Japanese companies and/or industries to further the cause of fair competition? Can the energy that is currently being put into breaking down barriers be usefully turned to building bridges?
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Schon Beechler, Sheri Ranis, 1993, The prospects for industrial cooperation between the United States and Japan, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8G44XT6.