The Global Age: From a Skeptical South to a Fearful North
- The Global Age: From a Skeptical South to a Fearful North
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N.
- Persistent URL:
- Department of Economics Discussion Papers
- Part Number:
- April 1996
- Department of Economics, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Excerpt from the lecture:
"I am both honoured and pleased by the invitation to give the Raul
Prebisch Lecture today.
The honour comes from recalling an exceptional man. Prebisch was an
eminent scholar and a prominent actor on the policy stage, a preeminent figure
who carried his great stature with charm, grace and wit. The honour is the
greater because of where I give the Lecture. The emergence of the new South
Africa under Prime Minister Mandela, wedded to the rule of law and a
commitment to producing racial and ethnic harmony in a world pulling in more
dissonant and destructive directions, has been a ray of hope for all of mankind."
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1996, The Global Age: From a Skeptical South to a Fearful North, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D83203D8.