Trade and Wages: A Malign Relationship?
- Trade and Wages: A Malign Relationship?
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N.
- Persistent URL:
- Department of Economics Discussion Papers
- Part Number:
- October 1995
- Department of Economics, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- "The experience of decline in real wages of the unskilled workers
during the 1980s in the United States, and the increase instead in their
unemployment in Europe (due to the comparative inflexibility of their labour
markets vis-a-vis those of the United States)1
, has prompted a search for
possible explanations. This search has become more acute with the
evidence that the adverse trend for the unskilled has not been mitigated
during the 1990s to date."
- Labor economics
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1995, Trade and Wages: A Malign Relationship?, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8086CTC.