The Quest for Ground Truth in Musical Artist Similarity
- The Quest for Ground Truth in Musical Artist Similarity
- Ellis, Daniel P. W.
- Presentations (Communicative Events)
- Electrical Engineering
- Persistent URL:
- Presented at the 3rd International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval, Paris, France, October 13-17, 2002.
- Describes work by the Laboratory for Recognition and Organization of Speech and Audio, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, on attempting to define a single matrix of similarities between 400 different pop music artists, including survey website (musicseer.com) which attracted over 20,000 similarity judgments.
- Electrical engineering
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Daniel P. W. Ellis, Brian Whitman, Adam Berenzweig, Steve Lawrence, 2002, The Quest for Ground Truth in Musical Artist Similarity, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8BZ6F81.