Reducing errors by increasing the error rate: MLP Acoustic Modeling for Broadcast News Transcription
- Reducing errors by increasing the error rate: MLP Acoustic Modeling for Broadcast News Transcription
- Morgan, Nelson
Ellis, Daniel P. W.
- Electrical Engineering
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Proceedings of the DARPA Broadcast News Workshop, February 28-March 3, 1999, Hilton at Washington Dulles Airport, Herndon, Virginia
- Information Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Publisher Location:
- Gaithersburg, MD
- We describe some aspects of a Broadcast News recognition system based on hybrid HMM/MLP acoustic modeling. These include the use of novel 'modulation spectrogram' features which are combined with conventional models at the posterior probability level, some experiments with nonlinear segment normalization, and an investigation of the interaction of model size and training set size for an multilayer perceptron (MLP) acoustic classifier. We also report preliminary results of incorporating gender-dependence into this system.
- Electrical engineering
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Nelson Morgan, Daniel P. W. Ellis, Eric Fosler-Lussier, Adam Janin, Brian Kingsbury, 1999, Reducing errors by increasing the error rate: MLP Acoustic Modeling for Broadcast News Transcription, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:13836.