PLP2: Autoregressive modeling of auditory-like 2-D spectro-temporal patterns
- PLP2: Autoregressive modeling of auditory-like 2-D spectro-temporal patterns
- Athineos, Marios
Ellis, Daniel P. W.
- Electrical Engineering
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- ISCA Tutorial and Research Workshop on Statistical and Perceptual Audio Processing, ICC Jeju, Korea, October 3, 2004
- International Speech Communication Association
- The temporal trajectories of the spectral energy in auditory critical bands over 250 ms segments are approximated by an all-pole model, the time-domain dual of conventional linear prediction. This quarter-second auditory spectro-temporal pattern is further smoothed by iterative alternation of spectral and temporal all-pole modeling. Just as Perceptual Linear Prediction (PLP) uses an autoregressive model in the frequency domain to estimate peaks in an auditory-like short-term spectral slice, PLP2 uses all-pole modeling in both time and frequency domains to estimate peaks of a two-dimensional spectrotemporal pattern, motivated by considerations of the auditory system.
- Electrical engineering
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Marios Athineos, Hynek Hermansky, Daniel P. W. Ellis, 2004, PLP2: Autoregressive modeling of auditory-like 2-D spectro-temporal patterns, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:13714.