"Removing the Bars: Take Action": Kickoff Keynote Event
- "Removing the Bars: Take Action": Kickoff Keynote Event
- Davis, Angela Y.
- Presentations (Communicative Events)
- Social Work
- Persistent URL:
- Streaming URL:
- Opening of interdisciplinary conference on criminal justice, Columbia University, March 23 and 24, 2012.
- Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Opening remarks by Ronin A. Davis, co-chair of the Criminal Justice Caucus; spoken word performance by IMPACT; introduction of keynote speaker by Soffiyah Elijah, executive director of the Correctional Association of New York; keynote address by Davis; question and answer session facilitated by Cheryl Wilkins, associate director of the Criminal Justice Initiative: Supporting Children, Families, and Communities; "Making the Invisible, Visible," depicting the variety of ways people have been impacted by the criminal justice system, facilitated by Kathy Boudin, director of the Criminal Justice Initiative, and Mika'il Deveaux, executive director of Citizens Against Recidivism; closing remarks by Natasha Orilus, co-chair of the Criminal Justice Caucus.
- Public policy (Law)
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Angela Y. Davis, 2012, "Removing the Bars: Take Action": Kickoff Keynote Event, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D84T6SH2.