Experimental forecasts of El Niño
- Experimental forecasts of El Niño
- Cane, Mark A.
Zebiak, Stephen E.
Dolan, Sean C.
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
International Research Institute for Climate and Society
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Persistent URL:
- Book/Journal Title:
- Geographic Area:
- Pacific Ocean--El Niño Current
- Experimental forecasts of El Niño events occurring since 1970, made with a deterministic model of the coupled ocean-atmosphere system, indicate that El Niño is generally predictable one or two years ahead. A forecast for 1986 is also presented.
- Atmospheric sciences
- Publisher DOI:
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Mark A. Cane, Stephen E. Zebiak, Sean C. Dolan, 1986, Experimental forecasts of El Niño, Columbia University Academic Commons, http://hdl.handle.net/10022/AC:P:12906.