Implementing Activity Structures Process Modeling On Top Of The MARVEL Environment Kernel
- Implementing Activity Structures Process Modeling On Top Of The MARVEL Environment Kernel
- Kaiser, Gail E.
Ben-Shaul, Israel Z.
Popovich, Steven S.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- Our goal was to implement the activity structures model defined by Software Design & Analysis on top of the MARVEL environment kernel. This involved further design of the activity structures process definition language and enaction model as well as translation and run-time support in terms of facilities provided by MARVEL. The result is an elegant declarative control language for multi-user software processes, with data and activities defined as classes and rules in the previously existing MARVEL Strategy Language. Semantics-based concurrency control is provided by a combination of the MARVEL kernel‘s lock and transaction managers and the send/receive synchronization primitives of the activity structures model.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- Gail E. Kaiser, Israel Z. Ben-Shaul, Steven S. Popovich, 1991, Implementing Activity Structures Process Modeling On Top Of The MARVEL Environment Kernel, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8M333V7.