Porting AIX onto the Student Electronic Notebook
- Porting AIX onto the Student Electronic Notebook
- Ioannidis, John
Maguire, Gerald Q.
Ben-Shaul, Israel Z.
- Computer Science
- Persistent URL:
- Columbia University Computer Science Technical Reports
- Part Number:
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University
- Publisher Location:
- New York
- We describe the Student Electronic Notebook and the process of porting IBM‘s AIX 1.1 to run on it. We believe that portable workstation-class machines connected by wireless networks and dependent on a computational and informational infrastructure raise a number of important issues in operating systems and distributed computation (e.g., the partitioning of tasks between workstations and infrastructure), and therefore the development of such machines and their software is important. We conclude by summarizing our activities, itemizing the lessons we learned and identifying the key criteria for the design of the successor machines.
- Computer science
- Item views
text | xml
- Suggested Citation:
- John Ioannidis, Gerald Q. Maguire, Israel Z. Ben-Shaul, Marios Levedopoulos, Micky Liu, 1990, Porting AIX onto the Student Electronic Notebook, Columbia University Academic Commons, https://doi.org/10.7916/D8J96FHG.